Thursday, October 25, 2007

DAY 150

Am pleased to share that Ethan is able to maintain his O2 sat at 91 with 80% FiO2 & pressure 33. And he is still wriggling his little fingers & toes now & then.

After yesterday, my conviction that Ethan is going to be okay is even stronger. Things may get worst before they get better, but at least I can take comfort that my strong stubborn fire baby will overcome all these challenges.

I just read him the 1st 2 chapters of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Shouldn't be inappropriate reading for a kid, right? Afterall it is written for children, no? Though it may not be quite ideal to start him off with Book 7, hmm...

Well, it can't be any less fitting than Ashley's first movie. You'll never imagine which one, really. No, not a Walt Disney film or even a Dreamworks animation. She caught it together with my MIL.
~Ashley Cheng, at the tender age of 16 mths, had her first big screen experience titled "881". ~

Not fair, I haven't even seen it myself.

[For out-of-towners, "881" is a Singaporean movie set against the unique rich culture of getai, getai being the gaudy, loud, flashy (mainly Hokkien?) song-&-dance show set up during the Lunar 7th month aka Hungry Ghost Festival to entertain the "good brothers" of the netherworld. I understand that this local production by Royston Tan brought many heartland aunties and uncles who have not stepped into a cinema hall for ages to return.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attaboy! Whack them hard and show 'em who's boss ya, my darling D.

Hugs & Kisses fm your loving yi yi
(to be given by mummy in lieu of my absence) :D